Position Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Athens, AL
Essential Job Functions:
· Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
· Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
· Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
· Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
· Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
· Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
· Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
· Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
· Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
· Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
· Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
· Maintain a high level of quality work at all times
· Maintain good relationships with Technicians, Foreman, Superintendents, Inspectors, Developers, and other co-workers at all times
· Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work tasks
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Represent and promote Grayson Carter and Son in a professional and honest manner
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
· At least two years of related experience required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
· Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
· Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate and convey information effectively
· Must be physically able to stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, climb, and periodically lift 25 pounds
· Knowledge of OSHA Standards
· Ability to obtain Arsenal Badge
· Ability to obtain FBI Badge
· Dependable transportation
· Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on all job sites as required
· Work weekends and overtime as needed
· Committed to attending work each day
· Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
· Company Paid 50% of Single Health Insurance (Base Plan), Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available
· Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability available
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Simple IRA Retirement Account with Company Match
· Growth opportunities available based on performance and skill
· Annual salary reviews with performance-based increases
Grayson Carter and Son Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.