Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Athens, AL
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, benefits, leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conduct HR reporting and data entry such as E-Verify, employee verification, employee information, benefits, government census data, etc.
- Prepare letters, forms, and reports according to written or verbal instruction
- Maintain good relationships with all office and field staff
- Represent and promote Grayson Carter and Son in a professional and honest manner
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
Successful Candidate Demonstrates:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of personalities
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate and convey information effectively
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.