Position Title: Paving Foreman
Department: Field Operations
Supervisor: Paving Superintendent
Location: Athens, AL
The Paving Foreman will directly supervise and coordinate daily activities of a paving crew and will engage in the trade work of the employees being supervised.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of a small group of constructions workers. • Prioritize, delegate and perform all work placing safety first in all things. • Record daily time, production, and site conditions.
- Schedule proper maintenance for all equipment with superintendent and shop management. • Confer with superintendent or project manager to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Perform the duties of all asphalt crew team members.
- Utilize knowledge of asphalt quality control measures.
- Continually inspect work site, surveying for potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Operate various equipment such as:
Skid Steer, Broom, Asphalt Roller, Screws, Paver, Milling Machine, Sweeper
- Understand all aspects of the paving industry including prep work, grade, drainage, paving patterns, mix types, etc.
- Direct trucks delivering asphalt to the paver and signal instructions
- Detect and correct defects in surfaces, seams, and edges
- Complete labor tasks such as raking or shoveling when necessary
- Maintain a high level of quality work at all times
- Maintain good relationships with Technicians, Foreman, Superintendents, Inspectors, Developers, and other co-workers at all times
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work tasks
- Ensure all crew members follow all safety rules and regulations at all times • Perform other duties as assigned
- Represent and promote Grayson Carter and Son in a professional and honest manner
- 5+ years of asphalt experience preferred
- Ability to communicate and convey information effectively
- Must be physically able to stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, climb, and periodically lift 75 pounds
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards
- Ability to obtain Arsenal Badge required
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Good communication skills to work effectively and safely.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing -CDL a plus.
- Ability to work overtime all week days, weekends, and hours/overtime, as required • Knowledge of traffic control practices and procedures required. Must know how to coordinate, setup, manage, and remove traffic control.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Account with Company Match
- Growth opportunities available
- Annual salary reviews with performance-based increases
Grayson Carter and Son Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.