Position Title: Payroll Clerk
Location: Athens, AL
Essential Job Functions:
· Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
· Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
· Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
· Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
· Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
· Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
· Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
· Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
· Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
· Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
· Maintain a high level of quality work at all times
· Maintain good relationships with Technicians, Foreman, Superintendents, Inspectors, Developers, and other co-workers at all times
· Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work tasks
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Represent and promote Grayson Carter and Son in a professional and honest manner
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
· At least two years of related experience required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
· Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
· Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate and convey information effectively
· Must be physically able to stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, climb, and periodically lift 25 pounds
· Knowledge of OSHA Standards
· Ability to obtain Arsenal Badge
· Ability to obtain FBI Badge
· Dependable transportation
· Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on all job sites as required
· Work weekends and overtime as needed
· Committed to attending work each day
· Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
· Company Paid 50% of Single Health Insurance (Base Plan), Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available
· Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability available
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Simple IRA Retirement Account with Company Match
· Growth opportunities available based on performance and skill
· Annual salary reviews with performance-based increases
Grayson Carter and Son Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.