Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Athens, AL
Essential Job Functions:
- Project management role with high growth potential
- Will consider recent civil engineering and building science graduates, FE’s and PE’s.
- Industry-leading salary commensurate with experience and competitive benefits package.
Grayson Carter & Son Contracting, Inc. has been incorporated since 1996. We are family-owned and operated. We pride ourselves on developing our people, our relationships, and our communities. We construct the infrastructure which supports our community.
- Oversee and manage construction project(s) from start to finish.
- Manage overall project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, innovation, cost, and customer/owner satisfaction).
- Perform the main role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Interface and communicate with every level of the project team including customer/owner, managers, engineers, superintendents, foremen, grade checkers, and operators.
- Attend job meetings including pre-construction, project, and staff meetings.
- Review supplier and subcontractor quotes. Review materials submittal packages. Order materials for projects.
- Develop project schedule.
- Prepare job contact list and project manual for field personnel.
- Prepare and track all RFI’s related to the project.
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation to ensure all project documents are timely, accurate, and complete.
- Prepares and assists in weekly project update meetings
Generate project change orders and time & material.
- Approve invoices.
- Monitor quantities on completed work and prepare monthly pay applications.
- Conduct thorough project closeouts and see that all paperwork and signoffs are completed as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, Construction Management, or related field experience.
- Proficient in using office software such as CAD, Topcon Magnet Construction, Civil 3D, Carlson, AGTEK, HCSS HeavyBid and HeavyJob experience a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Communicate and convey information effectively
- Must be physically able to stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, climb, and periodically lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards
- Ability to obtain Arsenal and FBI Badge preferred but not required
- Dependable transportation
- Willing to be trained
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on all job sites as required
- Work weekends and overtime as needed
- Committed to attending work each day
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Competitive industry-leading salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package to include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Simple IRA with match and potential for other premium benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays