Position Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Supervisor: Senior Project Manager
Location: Athens, AL
Construction Heavy Civil & Utility – Project Manager
- Project management role with high growth potential
- Will consider recent civil engineering and building science graduates, FE’s and PE’s
- Industry-leading salary commensurate with experience and competitive benefits package
· Oversee and manage construction project(s) from start to finish.
- Manage overall project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, innovation, cost, and customer/owner satisfaction).
- Perform the main role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Interface and communicate with every level of the project team including customer/owner, managers, engineers, superintendents, foremen, grade checkers, and operators.
- Attend job meetings including pre-construction, project, and staff meetings.
- Review supplier and subcontractor quotes. Review materials submittal packages. Order materials for projects.
- Develop project schedule.
- Prepare job contact list and project manual for field personnel.
- Prepare and track all RFI’s related to the project.
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation to ensure all project documents are timely, accurate, and complete.
- Prepares and assists in weekly project update meetings
- Generate project change orders and time & material.
- Approve invoices.
- Monitor quantities on completed work and prepare monthly pay applications.
- Conduct thorough project closeouts and see that all paperwork and signoffs are completed as required.
· Maintain a high level of quality work at all times
· Maintain good relationships with Technicians, Foreman, Superintendents, Inspectors, Developers, and other co-workers at all times
· Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work tasks
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Represent and promote Grayson Carter and Son in a professional and honest manner
Successful Candidate Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, Construction Management, or related field experience
- Proficient in using office software such as CAD, Topcon Magnet Construction, Civil 3D, Carlson, AGTEK, MS Project, HCSS HeavyBid and HeavyJob experience a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to communicate and convey information effectively
· Must be physically able to stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, climb, and periodically lift 75 pounds
· Knowledge of OSHA Standards
· Ability to obtain Arsenal Badge preferred, but not required
· Ability to obtain FBI Badge preferred, but not required
· Dependable transportation
· Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on all job sites as required
· Work weekends and overtime as needed
· Committed to attending work each day
· Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
What’s On Offer
· Company Paid Single Health (Base Plan), Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
· Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability available
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Simple IRA Retirement Account with Company Match
· Growth opportunities available based on performance and skill
· Annual salary reviews with performance-based increases
Grayson Carter and Son Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.