Position Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Athens, AL
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform general journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to subledgers.
- Account for fixed assets and depreciation.
- Compile annual personal property information.
- Assist in completing finance department special initiatives.
- Produce ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Assist with preparation of consolidated and divisional financial statements.
- Assist with month end close according to accounting policy.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain good relationships with all office and field staff
- Represent and promote Grayson Carter and Son in a professional and honest manner
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work task
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 – 5 years of Accounting Experience. Industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- CPA a plus
- Experience with Sage 50 a plus
- Experience with payroll tax reporting and compliance a plus
- Experience with sales and consumer use tax a plus
- Experience with profit center financial reporting and allocations a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Communication Skills
- Compensation commensurate with education, experience and relevant licensing/qualifications
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision available
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
Grayson Carter and Son Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.