Position Title: Traffic Control Foreman
Supervisor: Paving Superintendent
Location: Athens, AL
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicating and working with craft supervision, owners, vendors, subcontractors and members of the project team.
- Plans, organizes and supervises all equipment and materials needed to set-up, take down, maintain traffic control, and handle traffic-related situations.
- Problem solving
- 3 years of experience planning, organizing and supervising all equipment and materials needed to set-up, take down, maintain traffic control, and handle traffic-related situations is required.
- 1 year of which were at the lead level or an equivalent combination of closely related training and experience.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Project scheduling
- Control and allocate available resources; prioritize projects on the basis of greatest need
- Submit time and attendance for all employees on the crew
- Maintain a high level of quality work at all times
- Solve problems and provide possible solutions in a timely manner
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work tasks
- Ensure all crew members follow all safety rules and regulations at all times
- Train and develop crew members as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Represent and promote Grayson Carter and Son in a professional and honest manner
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Account with Company Match
- Growth opportunities available
- Annual salary reviews with performance-based increases
- Active traffic control certification required
Grayson Carter and Son Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.